Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Flower and floral photos

On Tuesday me and my brother went to Malmö on the evening. I wanted to learn how to use his digital system camera so that I might borrow and use it from time to time. Perhaps even buy it from him. All previous photos on my blog has been taken with my mobile camera. Since I do not have any other camera. This makes me feel very limited and hate that I can't take proper photos of the things I create.




I love flowers, gardens and parks. So I thought we would go to Malmös Castle Garden. It's a beautiful park with lots of flora. I am unsure about most of the names of the flowers so I did not try to name them since I thought I would get them wrong. Also that was not my goal at this moment.



This is my first time shooting whit a digital system camera. So I am very much still a beginner. Luckily my brother knows a lot  and is a great teacher. I learned the most common features of the camera pretty quickly.



I used Photoshop to edit the raw images. This was a first time as well for me. Most pictures I have posted on the blog before have not been edited. Only when really needed have I used Photoshop to edit the lighting. Recently I tried out pixlr, a online photo editing that just opens in the browser, I used it for the cake pictures in my Rainbow Party post. It was very simple and I liked the result. Thought i would only use it for simpler images.



I am still learning how to play around with the focus. For example how to set the focus not in the center when still using auto focus. Also I have started to test out using manually focus but still need a lot more practices.



I am also reading up a bit on basic photo guidelines, like Rule of thirds. We could not figure out how to get the grid on the camera to show, hopefully that will help me out in the future. Would also like to learn more abut composition. I might but a book but as with everything else practices makes perfect!



I am so pleased with he results of the images. Considering this was my first time using almost any other camera then my phone! Also editing images in raw format will take a lot of time and practice. Though I am looking forward to learning all I can about it.



Hope you liked my photos and look forward to seeing a lot more pictures of flowers and other beautiful things. Thinking of visiting the botanical gardens in Lund sometime soon! So hopefully I can take a bunch of pretty photos there.


No comments:

Post a Comment