Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Tetris

Looking at my previous posts I notice they were quite lengthy. That was not really intended, somehow it sort of just happened. I will try to write shorter posts or at least more short ones and perhaps a long one now and then. Now to the topic of this post. I´m really in to games if you had not already guessed. I think some games are more suited for crafting. Tetris is one of those games. How can you not love the simple geometry of the shapes and the vibrant colours they have.

So the first big Tetris craft I did was a crochet bag made from small granny squares. It has 60 pieces and 8 colours. It took a lot of time, mostly with the assembly. It's always hard to sew the pieces together in a way that looks good. I have made a bunch of granny square projects (will most likely share them in future posts) and don´t know why but I have always done it by sewing the squares together. I would like to try other methods for joining them but have never gotten around to doing so.


My favorite side of my bag. Did an overexposed image so you can distinguish the pattern. Even if the colours are slightly off.

It is starting to get pretty worn after all the use over the years. Biggest mistake was making the shoulder strap too thin and too long. Did not think it would stretch that much.


I have worked with many different crafting techniques and done a lot of projects. But for some reason I have not been in to paper crafts that much. At most I have done some origami or other small projects. But I was curious about it and I bought some scrapbook paper and borrowed some paper punchers from a friend. So after getting some inspiration on what to craft with a round paper puncher I got the idea to make a more subtle Tetris art. It's now hanging over my crafting table.



Different scrapbook paper for each shape and colour. Simple green frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment